YMCA Glenrothes – the ‘Y’ – has been providing learning and leisure opportunities for over 60 years. Offering a friendly and welcoming central community space, the ‘Y’ has grown to be one of the largest voluntary organisations in the town spread over three sites. All three sites deliver community opportunities and two also provide supported homeless accommodation. The charity is supported by many volunteers with around 20 people giving regular and consistent service.
YMCA Glenrothes is an independent local charity which is governed by local volunteers from Fife and affiliated to the worldwide YMCA movement. The charity works with many other organisations in Fife as well as YMCAs in Scotland.
Our Mission Statement
Glenrothes ‘Y’ values and welcomes everyone equally. We are dedicated to delivering practical services, support and information that is underpinned by Christian principles.
We aim to be:
- Welcoming – understanding and responsive
- Inspiring – helping people to realise their potential
- Non-judgmental – treating people with dignity and respect
- Confidential – helping people to feel safe and secure
- Supportive – helping people to make informed choices and to improve their well-being