YMCA Glenrothes – the ‘Y’ – has been operating its community hub within the centre of Glenrothes over the last 60 years. Offering a friendly and welcoming community space, it has since grown to be one of the largest voluntary organisations in the town employing around 30 people and 15 volunteers.
YMCA Glenrothes is an independent local charity which is governed by volunteers from Fife. Affiliated to YMCA Scotland, we participate in local, national and international ‘Y’ work.
Our Mission Statement
Glenrothes ‘Y’ values and welcomes everyone equally. We are dedicated to delivering practical services, support and information that is underpinned by Christian principles.
We aim to be:
- Welcoming – understanding and responsive
- Inspiring – helping people to realise their potential
- Non-judgmental – treating people with dignity and respect
- Confidential – helping people to feel safe and secure
- Supportive – helping people to make informed choices and to improve their well-being